Special note February/March 2019: Younger NAS researchers (e.g. PhD students and postdocs) are welcome to apply for a NAS Conference Grant to support participation at the 3rd NAS Conference in Utrecht, May 22-24, 2019. Application deadline: March 8th. Decision: within March 15th.
– The grant can be used for economy travel, accommodation and registration fees in relation to participation at an International Conference
– Relevance of the Conference topics in relation to autophagy and the research project of the applicant
– Quality of the Conference
– Quality and relevance of the application
(i) Has it been well explained how the Conference will benefit the applicant? I.e. the topic of the applicant’s research versus the topic and quality of the Conference.
(ii) Applicant’s quality (CV with publication list)
(iii) Presentation level: talk > poster >>> no presentation
– Young researchers, such as PhD students and postdoctoral fellows will be favored
– Gender and nationality balance
– Early application is a plus
– Selection will be done by the NAS Grant Committee and approved by the NAS Board.
Within 4 weeks after the Conference ends, a written report (~ ½-1 page) should be sent to the “NAS Grant Committee”. The report should briefly describe highlights from the contents of the conference, your own presentation and the experience. The report should be accompanied by at least one picture from the Conference, preferably with the applicant on one of the pictures. The whole report, or parts of the report, will be published at the NAS Web pages. Please note that the report is mandatory. NAS will request grant money to be paid back to NAS if the grant receiver does not submit a grant report that satisfies the requests in the call.
How to apply
Apply by sending an email to the NAS chair (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the application attached as a single PDF file. The application should contain (in the following order):
– A cover letter containing: (i) your name, current position, and affiliation, (ii) the details about the Conference you want to go to, (iii) the relevance of the Conference topics in relation to autophagy and your own research project, (iv) how you will benefit from participating at the Conference, (v) if you are going to present a poster or a talk at the Conference, and (vi) the grant sum (in EURO) you are applying for.
– A budget showing the expected travel, accommodation and registration costs (in EURO). The anticipated costs must be documented.
– Your CV with publication list
The application must be received at least 6 weeks before the Conference starts.
Decision and grant payment:
Applicants will receive a written decision (per email) within 4 weeks after the NAS Grant Committee has confirmed receipt of the application. Upon a favorable decision, the grant sum will be transferred immediately after the application has been accepted. However, please note NAS will request grant money to be paid back to NAS if the grant receiver does not document the actual relevant costs within 4 weeks after the grant period, or if the grant receiver does not submit a grant report that satisfies the requests in the call.